How the Scheme Works
To work really efficiently, the scheme needs to recruit volunteers as local co-ordinators. These are local people who collate the oil orders for syndicate members in their village once a month and pass the information on to us; and who then let the local members know the cost per litre and the delivery date once it’s been negotiated. In return local co-ordinators get free membership of the scheme. See the Get Involved section for further details on becoming a local co-ordinator.
5 easy steps to cheaper heating oil
- Contact your local co-ordinator and let them know how much oil you want to order. Please allow up to a maximum of two weeks for delivery of oil from the monthly bulk oil order date. (In most cases delivery will be sooner).
- Once a month your co-ordinator lets us know the total oil needed from your area.
- At the end of each month, the bulk oil purchase is negotiated by our oil buyer.
- We then tell your co-ordinator when to expect delivery and how much it will cost per litre, and he or she passes the information on to you.
- You pay the supplier direct for the oil they deliver.
Full details of how the scheme works are set out in two leaflets – one for prospective members of the scheme and one for people who might be interested in becoming a local co-ordinator. These can be downloaded from the Get Involved section.