Public Health Consultation
Mid Essex PCT contracted the Rural Community Council of Essex (RCCE) to facilitate four stakeholder consultation events from May to July 2007. The purpose of the events was to involve the local population and stakeholders in producing a Health Needs Assessment, based on the Population Profile 2007. The consultation will help shape the Health and Well Being Strategy for Mid Essex.
Events were held as follows:
- Braintree Town Hall Centre on 31st May 2007, 1.30pm to 4.00pm
- Minerva Centre, Maldon on 6th June 2007, 9.30am to 12 noon
- County Hotel, Chelmsford on 14th June 2007, 6.30pm to 9.00pm
- PCT offices with clinical staff on 2nd July 2007, 2.00pm to 4.30pm
The aims of the events were as follows:
- To enable stakeholders to contribute to the Health Needs Assessment;
- To improve stakeholders understanding of the "health" of Mid Essex;
- To instil a sense of excitement about the future and what's already happening;
- To involve stakeholders in defining stakeholder engagement processes for the future;
- To involve stakeholders in shaping the ultimate "offer" for health in Mid Essex
The programme for the events used a variety of participatory techniques.
The events were attended by 92 people (Braintree 31, Maldon 23, Chelmsford 24, Staff 14). A report was approved by Mid Essex PCT in July 2007.
The report of findings is available here:
health workshop report.pdf