RCCE is delighted to announce it will manage the Covid Safe Community Buildings Fund on behalf of Essex County Council.
This funding programme is open for applications from today and will support projects in community buildings such as village halls, community centres and faith buildings in Essex (but not Thurrock or Southend).
The £1.5 million fund can be used to put in place measures that reduce the transmission of Covid 19 and help activities resume safely. Grants of up to £15K can be used for projects such as:
* Implementing measures that manage visitors and/or create space for social distancing
* Adaptions to encourage users to resume activities in the community hall safely
* Enhanced communication, websites, marketing and signage to alert users to COVID safety on premises
* Costs associated with cleaning and sanitising premises
* Online/website booking systems to minimise contact between the hall and hirer and set out any COVID-related conditions for hire (i.e. capacity for events)
* Costs of semi-permanent awnings/canopies to extend use to outside areas
* Costs associated with adaptions to introduce flexible partitions to encourage more use in smaller groups.
* Fitting out storage areas so that group equipment can be separated and kept clean.
* Installation of equipment to improve hygiene or hand washing
* Costs associated with improving or installing ventilation i.e. repairing windows, air conditioning units; air purifying devices; external bi-fold doors
Nick Shuttleworth, RCCE Director, stated:
“Community buildings run by volunteers, such as village halls, community centres and faith buildings, provide a base for an enormous range of activities, services and events in villages and towns throughout Essex. The Safe Community Buildings Fund will help these buildings make the changes they need in order to operate in a safe, Covid-compliant way and thereby stimulate a much awaited revival of community life.”
To apply, please download the application form and guidance notes below, complete, sign and return by email with attachments in pdf format to: CovidCBFund@essexrcc.org.uk
Applications will be assessed weekly and decisions notified to applicants as soon as possible so that work can be completed promptly. All funding must be spent by 31st MARCH 2022.